The Igbo World Assembly, (IWA), an umbrella body of Igbo Organizations globally, has called on Ndi Igbo to ignore the call to boycott the coming elections in 2023. The Diaspora group from the 35-member countries after deliberations on the Global Zoom Teleconference meeting on the 22nd January 2023 voted unanimously to endorse and support the Nigerian Labour Party Presidential Candidate HE Peter Obi and the Vice Presidential Candidate Senator Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed in the Nigerian Presidential election on 25th February for 2023.
The group took a critical and extensive view of the major political parties, their candidate’s track records, characters, capacity and capabilities, and party manifestoes, before unanimously voting for the endorsement of the Labour Party presidential candidate HE Peter Obi and his running-mate Senator Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed as the next President and Vice President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The World press conference on Sunday jointly addressed by Christian Onuorah, IWA, Vice Chairman and Oliver Nwankwor, Secretary General insisted that Nigerians should come out to participate in the democratic election without fear or favour and vote for HE Peter Obi and his running-mate Senator Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed as the next President and Vice President of a New Nigeria.
The choice of HE Peter Obi, according to IWA, has generated widespread acceptance by many Nigerians, particularly among Youths and Women worldwide.
IWA is of the opinion that HE Peter Obi’s victory will generate the ‘will start turning Nigeria from consuming to producing country’ Nigerians have been yearning for, from day one. The positive energy, hope and faith in a New Nigeria will be ushering in the spirit of committed resolution to Nigerian challenges.
IWA carefully evaluated key policy factors of all the candidates that support her overwhelming endorsement:
1. HE Peter Obi has a track record for standing up for the rights of all Nigerians and is working tirelessly (as he did while being Anambra State Governor) to improve the lives of all Nigerians. He is a Unifier
2. He fought corruption as a State Governor, left money in an account instead of debt and promoted good governance. He has shown that his committed to good, financial, anti-corruption, transparency and accountability in government. He has committed he will work tirelessly to ensure that the resources of our nation are used for the benefit of all its citizens.
3. He achieved massive economic growth in Anambra as a Governor and has plans for economic growth and development aligned with fairness and justice, and will help lift millions of Nigerians out of poverty. Lifting Nigeria from Consumption to Production.
4. Governor Peter Obi took education in Anambra to the top or first position in Nigeria, within a very short time. Governor Peter Obi built the best network of roads in Anambra state when compared to the rest of Nigeria.
5. He has a clear vision of how to address the challenges facing our nation, especially Security and Economic challenges, and he has the experience and leadership skills to implement them.
6. IWA is convinced in HE Peter Obi’s track record, core beliefs and principles including respect for the constitution and rule of law, respect for human rights and civil rights, respect for the federal character commission rules, merit-based appointment to government positions, firm knowledge and competent management of Nigeria’s economy, detribalized appointments and leadership in all sectors of the government.
7. As leaders in the Diaspora, we have been craving Good Governance; we believe that His Excellency Peter Obi is the right Candidate who will lead our nation to a brighter future. We urge all our brothers and sisters in Diaspora in particular and Nigerians, in general, to join us in supporting, voting for him and working together to ensure a better New Nigeria for all.
8. IWA without a doubt is convinced that HE Peter Obi as President will effectively and decisively confront the security menace facing the country. During his 8 years in Anambra State as a Governor, he implemented zero tolerance on security. Anambra State has adjudged the safest State in Nigeria at that time. He will do the same as the President of Nigeria.
9. Among the Presidential Aspirants, HE is the only corrupt-free contestant. IWA is convinced that he will bring the cost of governance down and will honestly fight corruption to a final stop. HE Peter Obi’s presidency will stop:
a. Fraud, fraudulent activities and embezzlement in government.
b. Nepotism and mediocrity in government.
10. IWA considers the opinions of the youths to be vital because the youths constitute the largest majority of the Nigerian population and must be factored into the political future of the country. Obi’s exemplary engagement with youths and women manifested overwhelming support from the segments.
HE Peter Obi is a tested rare breed with leadership character, qualities, capacity and capability that Nigerians need now as its President. His remarkable achievements in Anambra remain visible and audible, the disciplined, accountability, responsibility, transparency and rule of law that he demonstrated as a Governor are what is required for the President of a New Nigeria.
HE Peter Obi is the only ex-governor that is very well respected and regarded across regions of Nigeria as a politician with integrity. For sure, the only governor that is not on the radar of the EFCC, corruption, indicted for criminal activities in the past and present – A TRUE ROLE MODEL, MENTOR, COMPETENT, CAPACITY, YOUNG, PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY FIT AND READY TO STEER THE NEW NIGERIA.
Christian Onuorah, Vice Chairman, IWA
OC Nwankwor, General Secretary, IWA
The opinions and views expressed in this write-up are entirely that of the Writer(s). They do not reflect the opinions and views of the Publisher (Nze Ikay’s Blog) or any of its employees. The designations employed in this publication and the presentation of materials herein do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever of the Publisher (Nze Ikay’s Blog) or its employees concerning the legal status of any country, its authority, area or territory or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers. Equally, the sketches, images, pictures and videos are gotten from the public domain.