I have followed closely the recent Biafra agitations and the comments for and against as well as the belief that Biafra only came in 1967 or that Biafra is only Igbo or landlocked.
I want to tell all of us that Biafra problem is not Hausa/Fulani; it is not Igbo, Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio or Yoruba; the Biafra problem is the British trying to enslave Black people and using the Hausa/Fulani to achieve that.
As surprised as many of you might be, let us put common sense to task here.
- When the British first arrived in Africa, they met Biafrans and they were addressed as such. Slaves that shipped from that area were categorized as coming from the Bight of Biafra. Biafra then covered all of what they call today Southeast/Southsouth (SE/SS) zones, but not Benin.
However, the British had difficulties colonizing Biafrans as they all resisted the British lording it over them – from Igbo to Ijaw and from Urhobo to Itshekiri – they all rejected colonialism. You can imagine how humiliated the British felt that Black monkeys and slaves rejected their superiority.
Eventually, Biafra was conquered and subsequently made a British protectorate on 30th June 1849. The British succeeded in conquering Benin and made it a British protectorate on February 1st 1852. Biafra and Benin protectorates were amalgamated on 6th August 1861, the same day that Lagos and its neighbourhood were annexed by the British. http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Nigeria.htm
However, the British may have decided to punish both the Biafrans and the Binis for rejecting their superiority.
The British saw and still see the Hausa/Fulani as willing tools to be used as house slaves against the field slaves. This is why you notice Biafra throws up a lot of bad bile from the North more than anywhere else.
You may think it has something to do with oil because Colonel Adekunle (Black Scorpion) said, “I have learned a word from the British, which is “sorry”! That’s how I want to respond to your question. I want to win this war for the sake of Nigeria’s crude oil. Therefore, I have to kill the enemies to win this war. Sorry!” – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Adekunle
If you think it’s just about crude oil, remember that the North planned to secede with their Araba before the British diverted them from secession to war and here is your reference from Michael Gould “The Biafran War” p.43 stated: “Cumming-Bruce was able to persuade the Emirs that secession would be an economic disaster”. As the British High Commissioner, Sir Cumming-Bruce, himself testified p.43 “It wasn’t on the face of it easy to get them (the North) to change, but I managed to do it overnight. I drafted letters to the British Prime Minister, to send to Gowon as Nigerian Head of State, and for my Secretary of State (Michael Stewart) to send letters to each of the Emirs. I wrote an accompanying letter to each of them because I knew them personally. I drafted all these and they all came back to me duly authorized to push at once. The whole thing was done overnight and it did the trick of stopping them (the North) from dividing Nigeria up.” (Nwobu, 2013) http://www.irishdemocrat.co.uk/features/biafra/
To understand British treachery – from the effort, they put to talk the North out of secession, does it look like the British had nothing to gain? If you think they really liked the North – is the north not worse today than it was then? Can anyone name one good thing the British have ever done for the North?
Please, don’t get me wrong because you might turn to say – they help them become president, do coups and launder money in Britain. But remember Fredrick Lugard described Black African like this: “He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility.” Don’t you think they are deceiving the Hausa/Fulani with power based on Lugard’s description above?
- The “Biafra” War: As clear as it is that the British incited the Hausa/Fulani for that war, for the doubting Thomases, we can look at the role of the BBC then and now. Read this 1968 article and the scanned newspaper pages at http://goo.gl/dbd1k2
The BBC avoided mentioning Biafra but preferred calling it a secessionist state. It is the same position they have today. IF YOU THINK IT WAS SECESSION OR CORRECT – how come the people that wanted to secede are now ready to die to stay? How come the British that knew the history of Biafra suddenly feigned ignorance and pretended that Biafra never existed before they came? http://goo.gl/aQbYGf
Assuming you still don’t see the British serpent as a fraudster yet, let’s look at another issue.
- BBC Hausa Service – One thing the British say every time is “The North is poor”. This is a deceitful mantra that they used to get the trust of the North and continue to destroy Black people with it. When BBC Hausa is targeted at them; is it not to brainwash them? Does the BBC do an advert in BBC Hausa service? Does the BBC Hausa service generate anything called revenue that you know? If not, what do you think they do with it? You may debate that it is because the Hausa language is spoken outside Nigeria. Is Yoruba not spoken outside Nigeria too? Even by population; are Yoruba, not more? What does the British intend to gain from the broadcasts?
- 4. BIAFRA AND THE “FEAR” IT GENERATES: You may have noticed that, based on perception, Biafra generates a kind of aura that no other issue in Nigeria generates. Why? Please, don’t say it’s because of the war because even those who did not fight the war or experience the war feel the same way. It is also not the crude oil or the SE/SS crap engineered by them. It is purely the ability of the British to “control and incite Black people and sway our perception”. If you doubt this, “think back two years ago if anyone would have voted for Buhari? Yes, some would but how did he suddenly become a British darling? From being someone removed from power by the British to become a British darling” – how did they change our perception?
If you doubt this, how come no other name elicits the type of aura that Biafra carries? The Lower Niger Congress (LNC) has the same goal to create a state from the SE/SS separate from Nigeria. How come no one even shakes when the LNC is talked about? A Northerner that sells sugar cane can fight you for saying Biafra even when he has never seen crude oil before and never tasted the oil money. How come?
- BIAFRA and Component Units – One other very critical aspect of the British treachery is the idea that Biafra is only Igbo and sometimes, only Southeast zone. You will notice this thing in their reporting too, especially the BBC. The reason is likely because they struggled to defeat the Biafrans as their people all rejected colonialism and are afraid of such unity. If you think it was really oil, then how come they stopped buying Nigeria’s oil under Jonathan? I think it is about Black subjugation and slavery. Assuming we agree that it is only Igbo, we remember that the last president of Biafra was not Igbo, so why do they want to stick with the lie? TO UNDERSTAND HOW THEY SEE BIAFRA – REMEMBER OBASANJO’S TWEET AT THE ELECTION WHERE HE SAID THE SE/SS? That’s exactly how they view the region but they pretend.
- LANDLOCK IDEOLOGY – The British imposed an air, land and sea blockade of Biafra during the war; what was British interest? You will notice Biafra was only recognized by Black countries that appreciated Black emancipation. The oyibos played hide and seek; why? The people in Port Harcourt had their houses stolen in what they said was “removing all traces of Igbo from Port Harcourt”; why was that? Assuming you still don’t understand how bad the British are, you will notice a similar resentment to Biafra as the Rivers people had towards the Igbo; why? But the Kogi side did not have that as well as the Ibibio side. Port Harcourt was formerly known as Igwe Ocha before the British renamed it after an officer in London Colonial Office, Lord Harcourt. This was from where they exported palm oil, limestone, groundnuts and coal after slavery ended. Why is it that they peddled the lies knowing there was nothing like “Niger Delta or SS” when they were resisted by the Biafrans and Binis?
- ELECTIONS AND JONATHAN’S TREATMENT – Many of you believe the crap about corruption. Some may have seen a video of Cameron telling the type of lies Oshiomhole and their group tell that they noticed that oil companies were underpaying Nigeria to the tune of $850 Million or something like that. Have you wondered what the Prime Minister would be doing with Nigerian accounts statements? Have you wondered why they did not mention the names of the companies? Don’t get me wrong, but note that the British feel Blacks are brainless and if you have ever lived in the UK, you can attest to that. They treated Jonathan like a Biafran because, contrary to our arguments as Nigerians, they have documentation, they have maps and they know where the Biafra they fought within the pre-colonial era was. Their treaties were signed by notables like chiefs of Itshekiri and Biafra. So, even if you said you are not a Biafran, that’s your local profile.
In any election, they provide the Hausa/Fulani a security report of who and who has sentiments for liberty and such a person can never win an election. Ideally, they handpick candidates. Okowa won in Delta state tribunal simply because he is considered a lesser evil than Ogboru – if you remember the Orkar coup. An average Hausa/Fulani believes whatever they say, however they say it; that was why when Buhari came in with Idiagbon then and tried Umaru Dikko, something happened to him to say “I am loyal”. Unfortunately, for Jonathan, they do not trust anyone from that axis. You may say, we voted him in 2010/2011 – they sway perception, make the candidate popular and then produce a result. Those results you see are fake.
- REAL BIAFRA and BIAFRA in the News – The British see the entire Lower Niger as Biafra but apply the divide and rule in the news. After the war, Lagos port, which they put Adekunle to oversee, was congested. Why did they not consider Warri, Port Harcourt or Akwa Ibom seaports? The same ideology of “they are Biafrans and they fought the British in those days”. They may not say it. When Jonathan won, Youth Corpers were killed in the North. Why did the same Northerners not kill anyone when Obasanjo won? Is Obasanjo a Northerner?
What I cannot say is how the British are able to do it but just note that it is done by them. Over time, they have been able to brainwash Northerners with BBC Hausa Service. Watch all their arguments are the same – meanwhile, someone is telling you Igbo is landlocked and yet, in his “un-landlocked” Nigeria, the Igbo cannot use any ports outside Lagos. So, what use is the landlocking bogie that they are talking about?
- MARGINALIZATION OF THE IGBO AND THE SOUTHSOUTH
Many Igbo argue, out of ignorance, on the marginalization thing and are as blind as the so-called Niger Deltans. One thing the Niger Deltans think is the oil, but never ask if they are enjoying the said oil. The Rivers axis gets companies built for oil exploration but few Niger Deltans work there. However, for those that remember circa 1976 when oil was discovered in what was then Imo State, they quickly organized a boundary adjustment and ceded the new oilfield to Rivers state. This was 6 years after the Igbo were given 20 pounds in lieu of all their pre-war live savings in Nigerian banks. But before you blame the Hausa/Fulani, have you wondered who was really behind the malicious scheme?
In 1979, if you remember, Northern students staged a violent protest accusing the federal government of conspiring against them and attempting to maintain the education gap across the regions. This brought about the introduction of quota in admission to universities. 40% quota – States, 30% – quota Catchment and discretion 10%. HAVE YOU WONDERED WHERE THESE NORTHERNERS GET THEIR STATISTICS FROM?
Someone incites them and it is likely the British are using their leaders.
Other ways Igbos are marginalized include:
- Using the residual, concurrent and Exclusive Lists to control development. For example, when a road is put in the Exclusive List, even when erosion is cutting it, there is nothing anyone can do because it is Federal road. The governor can shout, people can curse him, but remember he was handpicked because he is not expected to talk too much.
- There is no federal infrastructure in the entire South East.
- The SE and many parts of the SS zones are being strangled to encourage migration that will eventually expel all of them from that area. It’s a continuous process because the British have been at war with Biafra since they arrived at the Bight of Biafra.
- No serious business is allowed to thrive in the SE/SS a. k. a. Lower Niger and if you remember, Obasanjo nearly killed Ibeto Cement; you remember Savannah bank, the likes of Slok and Sosoliso Airlines? These are scripts played by the British but executed by Nigerians. Why will someone who wants his country to develop agree to close a company with 500 people employed in it because he hates the Managing Director (MD)?
- The SE, as a geopolitical zone, is the only zone that does not benefit anything, at all, from the federal government. I know you will quickly jump to the fraudulent allocation formula. Just note that the money which the federal government makes from that zone, outside the oil, is more than it gets back. Example: No LGA in the entire Southeast can cope with only one secondary school. However, Imo state is an oil-producing state but Borno gets more money than Imo state. Borno has a Local Government that has only one Secondary school like Chibok and it belongs to the Federal Government. Now in WAEC examinations, parents from Imo state will pay for almost 30,000 students to register for WAEC while Borno will pay for only 3,000 students. How far now?
(ii) The SE/SS has more immigrants outside than any other region and they pay more for passports to the Federal Government. What do they gain? They pay more for Nigerian expatriate visas; what do they gain?
(iii) The SE/SS migrate more than any other region. All the embassies are in Lagos and Abuja; many Biafrans have died to go get their visa from Lagos or Abuja. Again, what do they gain from Nigeria?
(iv) The Southeast never had an international airport since the Civil War and has suffered more to travel overseas than any region in the country; many have died in the process and without Nigeria and the fraud of travelling from Lagos or Abuja, they will still be alive today.
(v) The SE imports more goods into Nigeria than any region but the revenue accrues to Lagos. They have to now pay to bring their goods hauled back to the SE whereas there is a PH, Akwa Ibom and Warri seaports that could have been used. What have they gained from Nigeria?
(vi) A SS/SE indigene would sell land, sell a car, borrow and travel abroad in order to eventually ship a container of imported goods to Nigeria. The same federal government that is useless to them is ready and waiting to collect duty for another state. What have they gained?
(vii) They struggle, travel and remit money and they have to still pay charges to the same Nigeria that has not done anything for them. What have they gained?
- The Igbo have a higher population than the Nigerian state allocates them. Every system that is based on honesty will allow you, at least, to know your number in order to plan. But the census is in the Exclusive List i.e. only Federal Government can do it – why?
I can go on and on but you will still see that many SE/SS blindly do not notice that they are being strangled.
- NIGERIA: MEDIOCRITY AND LIES – The Hausa/Fulani has a different system from the Biafrans. They believe that saying something should make it be the gospel truth. If Buhari says you are corrupt, then you are corrupt. They work more with perception than facts. They believe that if you have 3 children and say you have 20, then you have 20 children. Here is an example: recently after deceiving everyone that Buhari was coming to fight corruption, they needed to appoint Amaechi even after Buhari had said he won’t appoint those with corruption dents. All they had to do was issue a statement that Amaechi is now a saint and that’s it. They do not believe in facts and figures per se but mere perception. – http://goo.gl/n37cil
This system is alien to the SE/SS but if you notice, the same Hausa/Fulani mounted a campaign for the death penalty for looters. You will now wonder why a poor region will not ask for the money to be returned but instead would want people killed. Then you think it’s a joke, they cook up documents and say you are corrupt and that’s it – you are killed. You might think they are joking but that’s what they want.
- LACK OF HONESTY AND TRANSPARENCY – You may have noticed that everything about Nigeria is a lie. You already know how the British contributed to the census lies, engineered the denial of Biafra as being in existence before they came http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Nigeria.htm
The British engineered and sponsored the perception-based allegation of corruption against President GEJ. If you doubt, can they do such in their place without asking for evidence?
There is nothing in Nigeria that you can say is an honest process and that is why the country is grinding to a halt. You may have noticed also that, with the coming of Buhari, election rigging has returned. You may think oh no, I am APC today; no nation can make progress with such a system. Unfortunately, the archetypal Hausa/Fulani is exactly what Lugard said here:- “He lacks the power of organization, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business”. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK; THEY ARE ALL BRAINWASHED BY THE BRITISH AND THE BBC AND ALL THEY SEE IS OIL.
If they were taking the oil and using it to be like Dubai, would anyone complain? Here is how Lugard described the scenario: “In brief, the virtues and defects of this race-type are those of attractive children, whose confidence, when it is won, is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy”.
SO, IF THE BRITISH WAKE-UP TOMORROW AND SAY TO THEM REMOVE PHYSICS FROM YOUR SCHOOLS BECAUSE IT WILL HELP THE IGBO TO DEVELOP FASTER THAN YOU, they’ll do just that. Has anyone seen one good thing the British did for the North before? They were mandated to get proper control in the oil-producing states and to install stooges to oversee them and that’s what you see in Rivers and Akwa Ibom states, for example. Upon the falling price of oil, don’t be surprised oil might stop selling but the Hausa/Fulani will still be ready to kill people for it. ATIKU SAID THEY WILL DO THAT IN MAY
In summary – The Biafra question is a British making and nothing more. If you doubt, ask yourself – Why do I hate anyone for supporting Biafra? I mean there is nothing wrong with secession since it’s happening in Britain. So, why is the Biafra question different? If you still think oil is the issue as you had thought all along, how come no one wants to talk about it? At least, only oil revenue will be shared, the rest of the states can then try to manage on their own? Some people say instead of secession, why don’t we do re-organization of Nigeria? But ask yourself which agitation have we not seen since the Civil War; which one did they agree to change? Why can’t Nigeria start with limited autonomy for all interested parties in the polity? Scotland in the UK has a different currency note, parliament and Football Association (FA) but still wants to secede. Why?
The long and short of the British fraud is that Blacks are still regarded as slaves and they have divided us into two – the house slaves and field slaves. The 1967 Biafra restoration bid was like a spirited endeavour to recapture escaped slave – how can a Black monkey undo what the British did? They could not believe it. YOU PROBABLY HEARD GOWON AND OTHERS SAYING THAT OJUKWU SHOULD HAVE SURRENDERED EARLY IN THE WAR. IF BUHARI IS DOING WHAT HE IS DOING TODAY BECAUSE HE WAS DECLARED WINNER IN AN ELECTION, DO YOU NOW SEE WHY THEY STOLE PEOPLES’ PRIVATE HOUSES AND MONEY? The land Buhari owns in Port Harcourt, which he said he does not know where it is, is probably one of the houses they stole but they would rather blame it on the Ijaw or Ikwerre.
Before you criticise Biafra, please, take time and ask “Is Biafra different from Scotland and the UK?
When they say the loss of property and so on, remind them there are Igbo in Ghana, Cameroon and in London and New York – they have not lost their property and we are not one country with them. The house slaves normally sabotage every effort made by the field slaves to be free. You have to choose which one you are. But don’t think we are free – the British use the Hausa/Fulani to enslave everyone. – http://combatgenocide.org/?page_id=90
Disclaimer: The opinion expressed in this article is solely the responsibility of the writer and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publisher. The image is taken from the internet and assumed to be in the public domain. If this breaches the copyrighted material, kindly note that the break of the copyright is not intentional and non-commercial. The copyrighted material in question will be removed upon request and presentation of proof in that case, please contact me via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org